Many of you will have fond memories of 26 Gloucester Street, where The Door first opened in 1991, and continued to operate from until 2012, when, having completely outgrown it, we moved uphill to our current location at the top of the High Street.
We purchased the 26 Gloucester Street building following a public appeal in 2002 and after we moved out were able to lease it to Fat Toni’s Pizza. The pizza ovens moved out last summer, leaving the building empty and therefore currently unoccupied.
Our friend and fabulous volunteer Fiona Lord is currently using the downstairs as a pop-up photographic studio on some Saturdays, but for The Door as a whole the building doesn’t really suit our current or likely future requirements.
As a result we put it on the market, where it has stayed for some time now. Despite several ‘near misses’ it hasn’t yet sold.
Consequently we’re now putting it up for auction, which will be held on 2 April at Ashton Gate in Bristol. We really need to get the best price possible as the proceeds from the sale will go straight into supporting all the great work we’re doing around the county.
So if you, or someone you know, know anybody who could be interested in this historic, imposing 4-storey red brick building at the gateway to the town, which may well be available at a very keen price, please keep an eye out on our Social Media and this website for details.
A freehold commercial property with potential for redevelopment.
This is a substantial mixed use corner property occupying a prominent position at the gateway to Stroud town centre. The property offers a shop with basement benefiting from A3/A5 Takeaway use. The upper floors have most recently been used as a self-contained maisonette and once refurbished offers potential for 3-4 bedrooms. Alternatively the property could be further developed to provide smaller residential units subject to planning.
- Prominent corner position in town centre
- Good return frontage
- “Gateway” position leading to the pedestrianised zone
- Ground floor shop with basement totalling approx 82 sqm
- Currently has A5 takeaway consent, other uses possible
- Short stay on-street parking outside • Basement benefits from rear pedestrian access
- Self-contained upper floors totalling approx 95 sqm
- Last used as a maisonette
- Could convert into 4 bedroom HMO subject to consents
- Potential as offices subject to planning
- In need of complete refurbishment
- Potential for subdivision into smaller units
- Situated in Stroud Central Conservation Area
- Business Rates: rateable value £3,250
- Deleted from Council Tax register
- Sizes taken from EPCs, floor plan for identification purposes only.
For Sale by Auction
On Thursday 2nd April 2020 at 7.00pm at Ashton Gate Stadium, Winterstoke Road, Bristol BS3 2LQ
Gifts Perfect for Mother’s Day
Open The Door to someone’s mum this Mother’s Day
Choose from our brand new range of gifts to fit every price range from £10 to £100. Your gift can help open The Door for a mum (or dad!) in need by helping us to provide the support they want when they need it most. visit thedoor.org.uk/shop to find out more or click here to read Sharon’s Story and see the difference your donation will be making.