As part of 25 & Counting, I would like to offer Schools the opportunity to Stand Up and Be Counted with The Door. We’d like the whole school to stand alongside our mission to provide safety and security to young people and their families – bringing hope and opportunity into their lives. Supporting a local charity is an important part of a school’s place in the community, and helps children learn and understand the importance of helping others. It can also be great fun.
There are a number of ways in which you can do this:
- Consider having The Door as your ‘charity of the year’
- We can help you develop ways to link your school and students into the work of The Door
- Our Youthworkers can deliver an assembly, workshop or lesson about the work we do
- Hold a fundraising event for the work of The Door
- This could be through sponsored walks, holding cake sales, or a non-uniform day
- Encourage students to get involved
- We have an array of different volunteering opportunities from events, Youthwork, admin and retail
- We have work experience placements we can tailor to meet the individual’s need
- Perhaps a group of students could run a bag packing event at the local supermarket
- Get involved in our ‘Design a T-Shirt’ competition
- Any young person (under 11 or under 18) can enter the competition
- The winning designs will be available to buy online via T-Boom, raising funds for The Door & the winner will get a nifty prize, too.
- Have a collection or cash4coins box in your staff room
- A simple way to raise our profile, and a bit of cash for us too!