Away from our 25 & Counting celebrations, it has been “business as usual” for us in the Youthwork team. Reflecting back over the last month, I have been really encouraged that despite having a very small team, we are still collectively identifying areas of need, responding through Youthwork delivery and at the same time, looking to develop, encourage and involve others.
- The Youthwork team have been embarking on discussions and conversations with local churches and organisations as to how we look to become more relevantly evangelistic with young people.
- Staff from The Door and members of local churches are offering a Prayer space within Archway School for students especially for those sitting there GCSE and A-Level exams.
- James is continuing to work alongside the police and The Great Expectations team educating young people who are at risk of disengaging and becoming more vulnerable, due to their negative actions or choices.
Also what has struck me this month is “that little bit extra” that the Youthwork team have given. We didn’t need to give “that little bit extra” but we have chosen to because we care deeply for the young people we encounter and want to represent being “Christ like” towards others to the best of our ability
- Year 11 Study program has seen young people attend who need “ that little bit extra” support as they sit their exams
- Assisting Rednock School with “that little bit extra” pastoral support during a difficult time for young people as they come to terms with the loss of a young person in their community.
- Dedicating time and doing “that little bit extra” to make sure the correct foster care placement is in place for two young people we have been working with.
James H, Youthwork Manager